[Air-L] Meme Tracking

David Stodolsky dss at secureid.net
Sat Jun 10 12:06:52 PDT 2017

Once you fall into Newspeak, like “meme,” you have already sacrificed your rationality on the altar of market fundamentalism:

http://cosmism.blogspot.dk/2011/07/artificial-ape.html

http://cosmism.blogspot.dk/2010/12/memes-selfish-genes-and-darwinian.html

http://cosmism.blogspot.dk/2010/02/what-darwin-got-wrong.html

http://cosmism.blogspot.dk/2016/02/richard-selfish-gene-dawkins-has.html

Margaret-thatcher: "And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families" in an interview in Women's Own in 1987
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-quotes

“Meme” is the same idea expressed by a zoologist, who is out of his depth in social science.
He continues to be a fanatical opponent of group selection, when it comes to genes.

As the refs below show, the term meme has no validity.
Rumor propagation and the spread of innovative ideas has a long history of study in social science.

dss