[Air-L] CFP: Ways of Being in a Digital Age – A Review Conference

Ronald Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Sun Jun 18 19:17:13 PDT 2017

*CFP: Ways of Being in a Digital Age – A Review Conference*

Dates: 10th and 11th of October 2017 Location: University of Liverpool, UK

Key Dates: 300 word abstracts: 21st July 2017; Acceptance by 25th August
2017;

This conference will close the UK Economic and Social Research Council
(ESRC) review of

“Ways of being in a digital age”. The project was commissioned by the ESRC
to help identify

and prioritise future areas and methods for research on the social,
economic, political,

psychological and cultural impacts of digital media and technologies. The
final report will be

published over the summer of 2017.

Click here for details of the project: https://waysofbeingdigital.com

Click here for details of the conference:
https://waysofbeingdigital.com/conference/

Click here for the submission site:
https://waysofbeingdigital.com/conference/

Led by the University of Liverpool, the project team consists of academics
from eight UK

universities and a broader international steering group that represents 18
universities and

organisations from across the UK, France, the USA and Singapore.

Click here for more information on the people involved in this research:

https://waysofbeingdigital.com/people

To close the project, we are holding an academic conference to present,
extend and deepen

the work of the project team. We are calling for review papers on topics
that address any

aspect of the seven project domains:

1. Citizenship and politics

2. Communities and identities

3. Communication and relationships

4. Health and wellbeing

5. Economy and sustainability

6. Data and representation

7. Governance and security

We are looking papers that offer systematic, thematic or methodological
reviews of existing

research on any aspect of the seven project domains. We are particularly
interested in papers

that build on reviews to offer analysis of research gaps and challenges for
social research in

the digital age. We intend to include selected conference papers in an
edited collection developed from the project.

Abstract submissions are sought by 21st July 2017 to:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wbda2017

For information on the conference or the project contact:
simeon.yates at liverpool.ac.uk

--
Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Professor in the Social Effects of Mass Communication