[Air-L] FemTechNet at Allied Media Conference

Irish, Sharon Lee slirish at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:55:15 PST 2017

FemTechNet at Allied Media Conference

FemTechNet will be organizing a network gathering<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/femtechnet-network-gathering> at the Allied Media Conference this year, it will take place on the campus of Wayne State University in Detroit on Thursday, June 15, 2017. You can register specifically for this network gathering at this google form<https://goo.gl/forms/ka0hf7yzjbYGanct1>. If you will require help with funding registration, we request that you register by Tuesday, March 21.

Filling out this form does not register you for the Allied Media Conference; it only applies to and registers you for the FemTechNet Network Gathering. In order to attend the network gathering, you also have to officially register for the Allied Media Conference. Registration fees are paid on a sliding scale, but the early bird price of $60 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/allied-media-conference-2017-tickets-30102066090#tickets> expires on Saturday, April 1.

If you will be attending the FemTechNet network gathering, we ask you consider proposing a session<https://www.alliedmedia.org/news/2017/01/20/propose-session-amc2017> for the conference as well. Proposals for sessions are due Sunday, March 12. While you can always propose a session for the general track, here are some tracks you may consider applying to:

Securing Our Spaces Track<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/securing-our-spaces-track>
“Digital and physical security in our communities”

Radical Libraries, Archives, and Museums Track <https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/rad-libraries-archives-museums-track>
“Strengthening our knowledge, culture, and collective memory”

<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/design-justice-track>
Design Justice Track<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/design-justice-track>
Making design more just

General Track<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc2017/general-track>

March 12 at 10:59 CT - Proposal Deadline for tracks<https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc/tracks-practice-spaces-network-gatherings>

To recap, here are important dates:

March 12
Deadline to propose a session to the Allied Media Conference

March 21
Internal FemTechNet deadline to register for the conference and network gathering to gain assistance in registration fees

April 1
Early bird AMC conference registration of $60 expires

June 15
Day of the FemTechNet Network Gathering at AMC