[Air-L] AoIR Conference Locations: 2018 and 2019

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Tue Mar 7 00:37:13 PST 2017

Fellow AoIR members,

We are delighted to be able to announce the locations for our annual conferences in 2018 and 2019. After two years in Europe, AoIR is returning to North America in 2018 with a conference at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal, Canada. Easily accessible from Europe and the Americas, we are sure that many of you will be able to make the trip to this beautiful, multicultural destination. The conference will be held on 9-13 October 2018<outlook-data-detector://0>, and we will make further announcements about the conference theme, team, and other details when we preview the 2018 conference at AoIR 2017 in Tartu in October. Some preliminary information about AoIR 2018 is now online at https://aoir.org/conferences/aoir2018/.

In the following year, we are once again leaving the northern hemisphere behind: AoIR 2019 will be held in Brisbane, Australia. The conference will take place on the Queensland University of Technology campus in downtown Brisbane, and is hosted by the QUT Digital Media Research Centre. One of Australia's most vibrant cities, Brisbane is connected by direct flights from North American and Asian hubs. The exact conference dates for 2019 are yet to be determined, but as always the conference will take place in late September / early October - springtime in Australia. Some early details about AoIR 2019 are here: https://aoir.org/conferences/aoir2019/.

After two bumper years in Europe, with a very high volume of paper submissions for both Berlin and Tartu, we look forward to taking AoIR on the road again, and we hope you'll join us in Canada and Australia!

For the AoIR Conference Committee,

Axel Bruns
AoIR Vice-President

--