[Air-L] The Point is to Change It! TripleC special section with interviews published

Jernej Amon Prodnik jernej.prodnik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:54:16 PDT 2017

Dear All,

A Special section of journal TripleC: Communication, Capitalism & Critique, which we entitled "The Point is to Change It! Critical Political Interventions in Media and Communication Studies" (No 1, Vol 15, pp.: 214-336), has just been published.

The section includes six interviews with some of the main representatives in critical media and communication scholarship, amongst them Bogdan Osolnik, member of the MacBride Commission.

Interviews cover several intertwined topics and issues, which are connected together in the introduction, where we reflect on the role of critical communication studies and the antagonisms it faced in the past and faces today.

The texts are available via the following links:

- The Point Is to Change It! Introduction to Critical Political Interventions in Media and Communication Studies. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/858/968

- "The intention was to democratise the sphere of communication." An Interview with Bogdan Osolnik. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/859/970

- "What happened was foremost an assault by interests of the big capital." An interview with Breda Pavlič. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/860/971

- "Well friends, let's play jazz." An Interview with Cees J. Hamelink. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/861/972

- "Is enlightenment just a European idea?" An interview with Daya Thussu. Available via:http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/862/973

- "The concentration of power, represented by current prevailing media conditions, is and ought to be open to challenge." An interview with Peter Golding. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/863/974

- "I can't imagine a radically reformed political economy that isn't built on a radically reformed public sphere." An interview with Dan Hind. Available via: http://triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/864/975

You can also download the complete section on this link: http://www.triple-c.at/index.php/tripleC/article/view/866/989

Feel free to share the information about this publication with your colleagues and apologies for cross-posting.

Best regards,

Jernej Amon Prodnik, Sašo Slaček Brlek