[Air-L] Towards a Pedagogy of Civic Design

Eric Gordon eric_gordon at emerson.edu
Fri Mar 10 05:31:21 PST 2017

I'm sharing an article that I and other faculty at the Engagement Lab at
Emerson College recently published in the latest issue of Interactions
Magazine:
http://elabhome.blob.core.windows.net/resources/civic-media-art-and-practice-towards-a-pedagogy-for-civic-design-1.pdf.
It explores the Lab's pedagogy of civic design and uses our MA program
Civic Media, Art & Practice (CMAP) to frame our approach.

CMAP is a practice-based, intensive 12-month program centered around the
production of a creative thesis project that highlights the relationship of
media, art, and practice and explores a wide range of approaches to the art
and design of civic media.

We’re currently accepting applications for interdisciplinary minded
students and recent graduates for CMAP (https://elab.emerson.edu/cmap) and
would love your help reaching anyone who is looking to refine their skills
and position themselves more strongly in the field of civic media.

If you know someone who would be interested in applying to CMAP, please
share this email with them. If they have questions about CMAP, they can
reach out to me or the program director Paul Mihailidis <
paul at elab.emerson.edu>.

Thank you very much,

Eric

--
*Eric Gordon Ph.D.*
Associate Professor, Visual and Media Arts

Faculty Associate, Berkman Center for Internet and Society
Harvard University