[Air-L] Fwd: ESRC Funded PhD Studentship on social media and disaster resilience

Paul J Reilly p.j.reilly at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 02:10:15 PST 2017

ESRC Funded PhD Studentship on social media and disaster resilience

Dr Tina McGuinness (Management School, University of Sheffield) and I are
looking for applications for an ESRC PhD studentship, entitled "social
media and community resilience: a process based study of South Yorkshire
Fire and Rescue Services." Funded by the White Rose Doctoral Training
Partnership Collaborative award, the successful applicant will work with
SYFR to evaluate how sites such as Facebook and Twitter can be used to
promote community disaster resilience and encourage citizens to fully
participate in disaster risk management and reduction initiatives. Further
details on the studentship can be found here
<http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AXW312/phd-studentship-social-media-and-community-disaster-resilience-a-process-based-study-of-south-yorkshire-fire-and-rescue/>
and
the closing date for applications is *20 March 2017*.

If you have any questions about this then please feel free to email me (
p.j.reilly at sheffield.ac.uk) or Tina (martina.mguinness at sheffield.ac.uk).

Best Wishes

Paul

Dr Paul Reilly
Faculty Officer for PGR Student Affairs (Social Sciences)
Senior Lecturer in Social Media & Digital Society
Information School
University of Sheffield
235 Regent Court
211 Portobello
Sheffield
S1 4DP

Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 2647 <+44%20114%20222%202647>
Email: P.J.Reilly at sheffield.ac.uk
Twitter: @PaulJReilly <http://www.twitter.com/PaulJReilly>

Voted number one for student experience
Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014-2015

Keep it green: do you need to print this email?
Visiting the university? Try to travel sustainably:
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/mapsandtravel