[Air-L] UCSB Master of Tech Management

Yosem Companys ycompanys at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:11:18 PDT 2017

Hi All,

How are you? I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the spring.

Would you mind forwarding our message below to your students?

We still have a few open slots for our 2017-18 cohort.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know should you have any
questions or need additional info.

Take care,
Yosem

*****

Dear student,

Have you heard about tech management? It is one of the fastest-growing and
highest-paying new fields.

We are the 9-month Master of Tech Management (MTM) at the University of
California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). We teach you to build and manage tech
teams, create and launch new products, and start and run tech firms.

Senior executives at startup and established firms tell us that they prefer
technical job applicants who have managerial skills, the skills we teach
you.

Our 9-month curriculum is different from other graduate programs. We
incorporated the input of senior tech executives from Google, Facebook, and
others in designing our curriculum. Why is MTM better than a 2-year MBA and
a Master of Engineering Management?

   - *Tech Management vs. MBA*. We eliminate the fluff and filler
   requirements and electives for those interested in management consulting
   and Wall Street. We focus only on tech management. This saves you 1+ years
   in time and $100K+ in tuition. Only 15% of MBA students have a technical
   degree. 90% of MTM students have one.
   - *Tech Management vs. Engineering Management*. We don't rely solely on
   guest lecturers to teach you tech management. Our world-renown tenured
   professors teach our courses. They bring guest lecturers in as needed. But
   what you learn in the classroom is based on our professors' experience
   researching, working in, and consulting on tech management.

A few other advantages of our program:

   - *Financial aid*. Our financial aid is generous. We give merit-based
   full rides to exceptional students.
   - *Career development*. We offer you an MTM career services manager who
   is 100% dedicated to you. He works one-on-one with you on a regular basis
   from admission to graduation to help place you in your dream job.
   - *Work experience*. We require that you participate in an embedded
   internship. You work with senior executives solving on-hands, real-world
   problems at tech companies. This earns you work experience, what companies
   look for when hiring.
   - *Networking*. You take the same courses in the same progression as
   your student cohort. You get to know your peers intimately. You meet and
   network with alumni and senior tech executives. You develop friendships and
   networks that last a lifetime.
   - *Paradise*. How many top programs can say that they are located in the
   "American Riviera"? Just us. We have sunny weather and stunning beaches
   year round.

Our upcoming deadlines are April 1 and June 1.

Not sure yet? I'm available to advise you on MTM and graduate studies in
general. I'm also available to counsel you on your career development.

Why? Because at MTM we are a family. As a prospective student, you become
part of our extended MTM family.

We have a small staff. We have a tight-knit cohort and alumni network. We
have extensive ties to senior tech executives, entrepreneurs, angel
investors, and venture capitalists. We mentor you and invest in your
success.

Questions? Please email me.

Thanks,
Yosem Companys, Ph.D.