[Air-L] Open Access Book: Big Data in Organizations and the Role of Human Resource Management. A Complex Systems Theory-Based Conceptualization

Scholz, Tobias tobias.scholz at uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 20 06:15:13 PDT 2017

Dear list,

apologies for cross-posting. My book "Big Data in Organizations and the Role of Human Resource Management. A Complex Systems Theory-Based Conceptualization” was recently published and the digital version is available for free here: http://www.oapen.org/search?identifier=625772

Here is a short abstract: Big data are changing the way we work as companies face an increasing amount of data. Rather than replacing a human workforce or making decisions obsolete, big data are going to pose an immense innovating force to those employees capable of utilizing them. This book intends to first convey a theoretical understanding of big data. It then tackles the phenomenon of big data from the perspectives of varied organizational theories in order to highlight socio-technological interaction. Big data are bound to transform organizations which calls for a transformation of the human resource department. The HR department’s new role then enables organizations to utilize big data for their purpose. Employees, while remaining an organization’s major competitive advantage, have found a powerful ally in big data.

I hope you find the book interesting and best regards,

Tobias Scholz