[Air-L] Help with researching radical jihadist groups on Telegram and other social media

Kramer, Howard hkramer at iliff.edu
Tue Mar 7 11:39:22 PST 2017

I'm working on a dissertation proposal on the topic of Jihadist
Fanboys/Fangirls: the Role of Social Media and Fandom in Attracting Young
Western Audiences to ISIS and Other Radical Groups.

The heart of this study will focus on the social media content and
networking (via Twitter, Telegram and other networks) of ISIS and other
jihadist sympathizers, perhaps outright members and supporters. Since ISIS
has been more or less chased off Twitter I've been trying to find and
follow their social media activities on Telegram but have had a hard time
locating their channels on that platform. I'm writing to see if anyone can
provide any guidance on accessing this type of content on Telegram and
other social media.

Regards,
Howard Kramer
PhD Candidate
DU/Iliff Joint PhD Program in the Study of Religion