[Air-L] Ways of Being Online Summer School - early bird deadline approaching

Binder, Jens jens.binder at ntu.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 07:16:42 PDT 2017

Ways of Being Online
Radboud International Summer School Course. Early bird deadline approaching!

This may be of interest to a number of list members:

Ways of Being in an Online Word - Towards a New Digital Psychology
A one-week course at Radboud University, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

August 7th - 11th, 2017

Do new technologies change the way we think, feel and act? The rules governing the behaviours and minds of humans are routinely studied by psychologists, but with little reference to everyday life after the digital revolution. While the media depict our interactions with an online world as both enticing and dangerous, this course takes a look at contemporary research and theory with an aim of outlining principles of a "new psychology". A particular focus will be on the social and cognitive factors that are relevant for how we interact with technology and how we interact with each other through technology. The course is designed for an interdisciplinary group of participants. Next to psychology, neighbouring disciplines such as Communication Studies and Computer Science provide a suitable background.

The course is led by Jens Binder, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK
For more information visit: http://www.ru.nl/radboudsummerschool/courses/2017/being-online-world-towards-new-digital-psychology/

Early bird discount applies until April 1st!

Best wishes
Jens

Dr Jens Binder
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Department Psychology
Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK

https://www.ntu.ac.uk/staff-profiles/social-sciences/jens-binder
http://www.palgrave.com/gb/series/14636

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.