[Air-L] Mozilla is recruiting undergraduates to lead campus open source clubs

Matthew Bernius mbernius at gmail.com
Tue May 9 12:11:15 PDT 2017

Mozilla is in the process of creating a network of open source focused
clubs of US and Canadian college campuses (going international will happen
in phase 2). These clubs are intended to support open source learning and
development activities of all kinds (not just Mozilla projects).

Mozilla is currently in the process of recruiting student leaders who will
help develop the program over the summer and work to get clubs up and
running in the fall. Their goal is to choose leaders from the most diverse
pool possible. In particular they are hoping to recruit some more female
and minority leaders.

If anyone knows (or is) a smart and motivated undergrad student whose
interested in open source and interested in helping start a new club (or
affiliate an existing club with the program), please have them take a look
at this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cZOP4DNMIUrMxKMEZTdR3IgAP4eJKnAPZ5pcVkicwzU/pub

Mozilla is taking applications up until midnight on Friday.

If anyone has questions about the program, I'll be happy to answer them!
I've been advising the project and conducting research into the state of
open source literacy on US college campuses.

Best,

Matt