[Air-L] Reminder: FOCI/USENIX May 26 submission deadline

jon penney jonathonpenney at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:38:15 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to send out a quick reminder about the deadline (next week!)
for submissions to the 7th USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications
on the Internet (FOCI ’17), which will take place this summer in Vancouver,
B.C., on August 14th. The deadline is *Friday, **May 26, 2017, 8:59 p.m.
PDT. *

For more details, the CFP is here: https://www.usenix.org/sites/
default/files/foci17_preliminary_cfp_042017.pdf

FOCI is an interdisciplinary workshop co-located with the USENIX Security
Symposium that seeks to bring together researchers and practitioners from a
variety of fields focused on censorship, surveillance, and other practices
that inhibit free and open communications on the internet.

This year I am co-chairing FOCI with Nick Weaver (of Berkeley, ICSI, and
Lawfare fame), so let me know if you have any questions.  Among those on
the interdisciplinary Program Committee are folks like Roger Dingledine
(The Tor Project), Kurt Opsahl (EFF), Lex Gill (Citizen Lab), Molly Sauter
(McGill), and Nick Feamster (Princeton CITP).

One of the changes we made this year to encourage a broader range of
submissions is creating a "two track" submissions stream, one for
traditional FOCI technical papers and another for "law/social science"
papers drawing on law, policy, or social science, with more flexible
formatting and page limits. Please see the CfP for more details.

Best, Jon

--
jon at citizenlab.ca | @jon_penney <https://twitter.com/jon_penney> |
jon at dal.ca