[Air-L] Literature on dimensions/attributes of online communities?

Chris Julien juliencm22 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:07:22 PDT 2017

Hey Spencer,

In addition to what Jon mentioned, I'd recommend two articles from Andre
Brock that I've found to be extremely helpful, titled, "Deeper Data: a
response to boyd and Crawford" and "Critical Technocultural Discourse
Analysis." In these articles, he lays out some core essentials to include
and common pitfalls to avoid when studying interaction online. He uses
research on Black Twitter, including his own, to ground his theoretical
approach; with this common focus on interactions on Twitter, you may be
able to draw corollaries to your own work quite nicely.

Deeper Data: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0163443715594105

Critical Technocultural Discourse Analysis:
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1461444816677532?rss=1

All the best,

Chris

---