[Air-L] The Conversation Canada at Congress 2017

Hermida, Alfred Alfred.Hermida at ubc.ca
Fri May 26 15:20:42 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues in Canada

If you're in an academic career, or if you're looking to pursue one, communicating your research to a range of audiences is probably going to be an important part of what you do. The Conversation Canada is a new platform for academics aimed at encouraging exactly this and we’re going to be at Congress 2017 in Toronto.

Launching in the Spring, The Conversation Canada (https://theconversation.com/ca) will be the sixth national affiliate in the global network of academic journalism. Our mission is to enhance the visibility, national and global reach and impact of Canadian scholars and universities. Our team of professional editors work with researchers to unlock their knowledge for audiences across Canada, contributing and contribute to abetter understanding of current affairs and complex issues.

If you attending Congress 2017 in Toronto next week, we hosting a couple of events:

Writing for a public audience on The Conversation Canada, Mon May 29 12.30 - 2.00 p.m.
Join us for a free writing workshop offered by The Conversation Canada, where we will address how and when to pitch your ideas for a story and how to go about writing your article in a clear, concise and compelling way for a broad audience.
https://writingfortheconversationcanada.eventbrite.com

Meet the editors of The Conversation, Weds May 31 12.30 - 2.00 p.m.
Come and meet the editors of The Conversation Canada to learn more about what makes for a good pitch and get tips on writing clear, concise and timely research-driven analysis.
https://meettheeditorsoftheconversationcanada.eventbrite.com

If you have colleagues who would be interested in attending, please share this with them.

Look forward to seeing some of you at Congress

Alfred

Alfred Hermida, Ph.D
Co-founder, The Conversation Canada

[https://theconversation.com/assets/logos/logo-6ed98023442246a1b432bd646eec8daf94dba5361825aeacd7d7ca488c268e96.png]
Australia<http://theconversation.com/au> | UK<http://theconversation.com/uk> | US<http://theconversation.com/us> | Africa<http://theconversation.com/africa> | France<http://theconversation.com/fr> | Canada<http://theconversation.com/ca>

Director & Associate Professor, UBC Graduate School of Journalism<http://journalism.ubc.ca/>
t: 604 822 6682 | @hermida