[Air-L] Position available: Professor & Department Chair of Media and Communications, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

David Reid dreid at swin.edu.au
Sat May 13 15:58:12 PDT 2017

Position available: Professor & Department Chair of Media and Communications, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

  *   Outstanding leadership opportunity and contribute to our innovative culture
  *   Academic level E: $173, 994 plus 17% superannuation and 10% loading (for Department Chair position)
  *   Full-time, 5 year fixed term Department Chair role with underlying ongoing Professorial position

Swinburne has an international reputation for research excellence, innovation and impact through active research engagement with industry, business and the community. Our commitment to high-quality teaching and research is reflected in our place within a number of prestigious world academic rankings.

We invite strategic and experienced Academic leader to join us and to provide academic leadership, development and operational management of the Department of Media and Communications. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, the Chair will work collaboratively with Associate Deans, Research Centre Directors, other Department Chairs and University teams to develop and implement strategies aligned with the University’s strategic direction to be a world class university in science, technology and innovation.

The Professorial position will be an ongoing position and the role of Department Chair is for a period of five years, which will be annually reviewed and renewed after five years based upon satisfactory performance.

Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have a national or international reputation as a leader in the broad field of media and communications demonstrated by research publications, research income and research impact.
Your ability to both lead and be an effective team contributor to the development and management of courses in media and communications and inspire to deliver innovative curriculum and pedagogy in a multi-discipline setting will also be key to success in this role.

Benefits
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various voluntary salary packaging options. Other discounts include annual Myki cards and private health insurance. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including negotiable removal expenses for Academic staff, paid maternity/partner leave, working from home and part time options are available. To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/

Swinburne is committed to advancing gender equality in academia, particularly in STEM disciplines. Swinburne was one of the first Australian universities to join the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) pilot to improve the promotion and retention of women and gender minorities in STEM. We also welcome applications from Indigenous people; varying age workers; people with disabilities; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.

We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride at Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.

For further information, please contact Professor Robbie Robertson, Dean of ASSH, robbierobertson at swin.edu.au

Position Number: 30665
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 8th June 2017.

https://www.seek.com.au/Job/33428802
[https://www.seek.com.au/content/images/logos/logo-seek-share2.png]<https://www.seek.com.au/Job/33428802>

Professor & Department Chair of Media and Communications Job in Melbourne - SEEK<https://www.seek.com.au/Job/33428802>
www.seek.com.au
Management, $173, 994 plus 17% super and 10% loading Full-time, fixed term Department Chair role with underlying ongoing Professorial position