[Air-L] Webinar on Op-Ed Writing

Dr Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Tue May 30 06:40:34 PDT 2017

Join our CUNY Graduate School of Journalism conference and continue
exclusive conversation with chair Josh Nathan in our free post-conference
webinar on op-ed writing!

*What will you learn in this webinar?*

   - Why are op-eds important for academics and public intellectuals?
   - Is academic branding important for op-eds in mass media?
   - How can you best garner attention from press outlets and fellow
   citizens alike?

When: *Saturday, September 23, 2017* (*11:30am EDT / 8:30am WDT)*

Where: *Online*
This webinar is included in the registration for CUNY Graduate School of
Journalism conference (August 31 - September 1)
*http://cmc-centre.com/conferences/nyc2017/*
<http://cmc-centre.com/conferences/nyc2017/>.

More on op-ed writing and branding in our 4-hr conference workshop:
http://cmc-centre.com/workshops/nyc2017/

*Optional: Participants may submit op-eds to Josh Nathan & CMCS editorial
board beforehand for one-on-one feedback following the webinar (3
independent reviews of one op-ed will be provided). Editorial staff fee
applies. *

<http://cmc-centre.com/classes-workshop/webinar2017/>

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international
organization and that helps coordinating academic research and media
commentaries on fame. CMCS carries a pedagogical philosophy that inspires
integration of high quality research in academic and public discourses of
celebrity culture.  Using the critical lens of celebrity studies, CMCS
facilitates academic and media partnerships to develop commentaries on fame
and social change @celeb_studies <http://www.twitter.com/celeb_studies>