[Air-L] Using LinkedIn for Research

Isabell Stamm mail at isabellstamm.de
Tue May 16 02:00:48 PDT 2017

Dear Fellow Internet-Researchers,

in our research project we are building a multi-level data base that allows
us to track German entrepreneurial groups over twenty years. For this
data-base we use a number of different publicly available sources such as
registries, news and magazine articles, who is who lists etc.

In addition, we are considering to use "Linked-In" data about the
entrepreneur's education and work experience.  Yet, we are still debating
the "validity" of the data and the pragmatics of getting access.

We would welcome any leads in terms of:

-             Other studies that have used linkedin for research purposes

-             The procedure of getting permission to use linkedin data for
research

-             Information on confidentiality issues in this regard: user
consent, etc.

Thank you lots for your support.

Isabell

Dr. Isabell Stamm

Technical University Berlin

Department for Sociology

Head of Research Group "Entrepreneurial Group Dynamics"

Fraunhofer Str. 33-36

10587 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 314 75679

http://www.entrepreneurialgroups.org