[Air-L] Registration for #AoIR2017 is Now Available

Michelle, AoIR Association Coordinator ac at aoir.org
Fri May 19 06:21:56 PDT 2017

The AoIR 2017 conference committee is delighted to announce that
registration is now open for the Tartu conference, *Networked Publics*,
October 19-21 at the Dorpat Convention Center and the University of Tartu.
There will be several pre-conference workshops on Wednesday, 18 October
2017.

Registration is open here. <https://members.aoir.org/event-2499095> *Be
sure to log in as a member to get member discounts!*

The Early Bird Registration deadline is August 1st. After that the price
increases, so take advantage of the discount.

*Please note:*

   - *Authors who have submissions accepted must have at least one author
   registered by the early bird deadline. Otherwise the submission will be
   removed from the program.*
   - During the registration process you will be asked to indicate if you
   are attending the keynotes and various receptions. Please mark each of
   these events based on your actual attendance as we book facilities and
   catering based on your responses.

There are several hotels and hostels working with AoIR this year. Each have
a limited number of room spaces available. We recommend making your hotel
or hostel reservations soon. https://aoir.org/aoir2017/hotel-information/

The conference program features two keynote speakers:
- Andrew Chadwick, Professor of Political Science in the Department of
Politics and International Relations at Royal Holloway, University of
London.
- Marju Lauristin, Professor of Social Communication at the Institute of
Social Studies at the University of Tartu.

We have several preconference workshops as well on October 18th.
https://aoir.org/aoir2017/preconworkshop/

For doctoral students looking for a chance to get feedback on dissertation
ideas and to network with senior scholars in Internet Studies, be sure to
apply for the Doctoral Colloquium (deadline is 20 May 2017).

In an effort to increase the diversity of attendees to the annual
conference, AoIR has been growing a fund for travel scholarships. The
deadline to apply for a travel scholarship is 20 May 2017, and information
about it can be found here <https://aoir.org/aoir2017travelscholarship/>. *For
those of you who register, be generous and make a small contribution to
help us sustain (and grow!) this fund.*

Transportation from Tallinn to Tartu is most commonly by bus. AoIR is
working on transportation for conference participants. Currently we have
links on the transportation area of the conference website to book tickets
directly with the transportation vendors:
https://aoir.org/aoir2017/transport2017/ We will send out more information
on transportation as it is available.

*We look forward to meeting all of you in Tartu!*

Your conference committee,
Jenny Stromer-Galley, President
Andra Siibak, 2017 Program Chair
Axel Bruns, Vice President