[Air-L] Literature on dimensions/attributes of online communities?

Caroline Haythornthwaite chaythor at syr.edu
Mon May 29 04:49:25 PDT 2017

These two review chapters will give you some background on online community and references/writers to follow up on.

Haythornthwaite, C. (2007). Social networks and online community. In A. Joinson, K. McKenna, U. Reips & T. Postmes (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of Internet Psychology (pp. 121-136). Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.

Gruzd, A. & Haythornthwaite, C. (2011). Networking online: Cybercommunities. In J. Scott & P. Carrington (Eds.), Handbook of Social Network Analysis (pp. 167-179). London: Sage.

If you are interested in particular in learning communities, you can check my web page for references: https://haythorn.wordpress.com/

/Caroline

Caroline Haythornthwaite
Professor, School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
chaythor at syr.edu