[Air-L] M.A. in Communication Studies Program at Northern Illinois University, USA - Please distribute

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Wed Nov 1 14:48:02 PDT 2017

I am asking that you please distribute this information through your appropriate networks regarding Northern Illinois University's M.A. program in Communication Studies, which does provide full assistantships (stipends and tuition waivers) on a competitive basis.

The M.A. in Communication Studies, part of the Department of Communication, provides students with the opportunity to focus their graduate work in the area of media studies (including film production), journalism, rhetorical studies, or interpersonal, organizational, and persuasive communication. The study of technology is an integral aspect of work across many of these areas. For example, both Dr. David Gunkel and I teach courses on emerging technology, including the study of artificial intelligence and robotics from a communication perspective. My course this spring, "Automating Media," explores the integration of AI into media industries with a specific focus on journalism within the context of the ongoing automation of media production and consumption.

Northern Illinois University is located in DeKalb, IL, USA approximately 50 miles west of Chicago.

Additional information is available on the department's website: http://www.comm.niu.edu/comm/academics/graduate/

Faculty advisors or students interested in the program are welcome to contact me or the Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Kathleen Valde, kvalde at niu.edu.

Thanks,

Andrea