[Air-L] [AIR] Methodology for research on hashtag and collective action?

Judith Rosenbaum-Andre judith.rosenbaumandre at maine.edu
Thu Nov 9 06:18:54 PST 2017

Hi Emmanuel,

Your research sounds really fascinating.

Another book I would recommend is Tufekci’s Twitter and Tear Gas which looks at networked protests on Twitter. You could also look at Castell’s work on the networked society.

And while I detest promoting my own work, I do have a book coming out in the next few days, “Constructing Digital Cultures: Tweets, Trends, Race, and Gender”, which presents a qualitative analysis of how people use Twitter to construct meaning, interact with each other, (re)create and appropriate meaning (including hashtags). You may find it useful as well.

Good luck on your research!

Judith

Judith Rosenbaum-Andre, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication and Journalism
University of Maine
414 Dunn Hall
Orono, ME 04469

www.juditherosenbaum.com