[Air-L] Pinterest

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Fri Nov 10 03:20:36 PST 2017

> On Nov 10, 2017, at 4:53 AM, Ioannis S Pantelidis <I.Pantelidis at brighton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> It makes sense to me that all individual image creators are listed at the end credits of the film. In pinterest contributors retain all rights to their content!

Pinterest is an interesting case because the Pinterest user is often collecting content from the web. So citing the Pinterest user isn’t necessarily giving credit to the original creator of the image, but to the user who curated it.

Fortunately Pinterest do link to the source of the image (via the Visit button). If your video is focused on Pinterest or a set of Pinterest collections it makes sense to credit Pinterest or the Pinterest user. But if you used Pinterest as a discovery tool to find the images then I think ideally your video would credit the original creator, if possible.

//Ed