[Air-L] [AIR] Methodology for research on hashtag and collective action?

Alexandra Florea xandra.florea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 05:00:55 PST 2017

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions, and thanks Emmanuel for
asking this question.

To ad just another layer of complexity to this question, I'd like to ask
about data collection tools for facebook hashtags.

I am already aware of netvizz, but it doesn't quite satisfy my current
research needs. I would be interested on whether or not I can find a tool
(or more, and combine them) to 1. find all the post with a certain # in a
region (ideally also automatically store the number of reactions, comments,
shares) and 2. map the social network between the posters based on the
interactions at 1. Or maybe I'll just have to learn to code already :)

Thank you,
Alexandra

Alexandra Florea
PhD Candidate IPP Transnational