[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 160, Issue 16

Uta Meier-Hahn meier-hahn at hiig.de
Tue Nov 14 03:16:23 PST 2017

Hi Zoetanya,

+1 for Ashwin Mathew’s dissertation.

My own research goes in a similar direction. I look at how Internet engineers manufacture Internet connectivity, using theoretical frameworks from economic sociology. This talk at the recent RIPE Meeting will give you an idea: https://ripe75.ripe.net/archives/video/101/ <https://ripe75.ripe.net/archives/video/101/>

In the extended blog posts below, I am also highlighting some empirical findings:

* When Internet interconnection trouble occurrs, immediate coordination kicks in - https://policyreview.info/articles/news/when-internet-interconnection-trouble-occurs-immediate-coordination-kicks/713 <https://policyreview.info/articles/news/when-internet-interconnection-trouble-occurs-immediate-coordination-kicks/713>

* The secrets of de-peering - https://labs.ripe.net/Members/uta_meier_hahn/the-secrets-of-de-peering <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/uta_meier_hahn/the-secrets-of-de-peering>

* The Internet was built on trust. But what does it run on? - https://labs.ripe.net/Members/uta_meier_hahn/the-internet-was-built-on-trust-but-what-does-it-run-on <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/uta_meier_hahn/the-internet-was-built-on-trust-but-what-does-it-run-on>

* Exploring the Regulatory Conditions of Internet Interconnection – A Survey Among Internet Interconnection Professionals - https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2740312 <https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2740312>

Regarding your specific interest in mobile networks, I cannot help, but would be interested in literature myself.

Best wishes,
Uta

Uta Meier-Hahn
Doctoral Researcher
Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society, Berlin

Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet für Internet und Gesellschaft | Gesellschaftssitz Berlin | Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg | HRB 140911B | USt-ID DE 27/601/54619 | Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Jeanette Hofmann, Prof. Dr. Dr. Ingolf Pernice, Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Schildhauer, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulz, Dr. Karina Preiß