[Air-L] internet infrastructures?

Andrew Herman aherman at wlu.ca
Fri Nov 17 05:03:34 PST 2017

Excdllent list, Sy :)
From: Air-L <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org> on behalf of Taffel, Sy <S.A.Taffel at massey.ac.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:11 PM
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Subject: Re: [Air-L] internet infrastructures?

Hi Zoe,

You might also want to have a look at:

Mackenzie, A. (2010). Wirelessness: Radical empiricism in network cultures: The MIT Press.

Kitchin, R., & Dodge, M. (2011). Code/Space: Software and Everyday Life. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press

Cubitt, S. (2016). Finite Media: Environmental Implications of Digital Technologies. Durham: Duke University Press.

Rossiter, N. (2016). Software, Infrastructure, Labor: A Media Theory of Logistical Nightmares: Routledge.

Parikka, J. (2015). A Geology of Media. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.

And the special issue of Cultural Politics on Mediated Geologies from last year edited by Parikka that has pieces by Nicole Starosielski, Rosi Braidotti and Shannon Mattern http://culturalpolitics.dukejournals.org/content/12/3.toc

Best

Sy

Sy Taffel, PhD
Lecturer in Media Studies |Co-Director, Political Ecology Research Centre<http://perc.ac.nz/>
College of Humanities and Social Sciences | Massey University
Email: s.a.taffel at massey.ac.nz<mailto:s.a.taffel at massey.ac.nz> | Telephone: +64 (06 ) 356 9099 ext. 84527

Recently Published:
Ecological Entanglements in the Anthropocene<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498535694/Ecological-Entanglements-in-the-Anthropocene>, edited by Nicholas Holm and Sy Taffel, Lexington Books
Technofossils of the Anthropocene: Media, Geology and Plastics<http://culturalpolitics.dukejournals.org/content/12/3/355.abstract>. Cultural Politics 2016:3, 355-375