[Air-L] Big Data Analysis for Social Scientists training course - Melbourne, 29 Jan-2 Feb 2018

Robert Ackland robert.ackland at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 28 04:35:58 PST 2017

Dear List,

I am running a 5-day ACSPRI training course on Big Data Analysis for
Social Scientists - University of Melbourne, Monday, January 29, 2018 -
Friday, February 2, 2018.

*Early bird enrolment finishes midnight Wednesday 29th (Australian
Eastern Standard Time)**.
*
The course focuses on the collection and analysis of socially-generated
'big data' from social media such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and
also the WWW (hyperlink networks).

There is an emphasis on the R statistical software, with particular
focus on the SocialMediaLab R package
(https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/SocialMediaLab/index.html) for
network/text data collection and igraph for network analysis. Text
analysis using R packages such as tm is also covered.

Course material from the last ACSPRI course I ran is here:
http://vosonlab.net/big-data-analysis-ACSPRI-Summer2017.

The course is updated each year, so expect the 2018 course to be bigger
and better!

For booking, see here:
https://www.acspri.org.au/summer-program-2018
https://www.acspri.org.au/summer-program-2018/big-data-analysis-social-scientists

Please remember that early bird enrolment finishes tomorrow!

--

Dr Robert Ackland
Associate Professor, School of Sociology and ANU Centre for Social