No subject

Tue Nov 7 11:21:40 PST 2017

modern conceptions of community are built upon (albeit often using a
language that places them in opposition) the exchange of commerce.  These
function when the "community" arises as a social entity that cannot be
reduced to the elements of its construction (and thus a scalar
phenomenon).  Thus communities do reference themselves, in fact they do
little else.  In doing so they, in turn, make sense of their environment.
It is not, of course, the same type of reference that an individual would
make about herself.  It is a necessary component, however, of defining the
boundaries of the community.

sorry for the long winded post.

Phillip Thurtle