[Air-L] internet infrastructures?

Jason Farman jasonfarman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 10:35:40 PST 2017

Hi all,
These are great sources thus far! I'll add:

   - *Theories of the Mobile Internet: Materialities and Imaginaries*. Eds.
   Andrew Herman, Jan Hadlaw, and Thom Swiss. (I have a chapter on the
   infrastructures of mobile/locative media in this collection)
   - Lisa Parks, "Around the Antenna Tree: The Politics of Infrastructural
   Visibility," *Flow*, no. 8 (2009)
   - Lisa Parks, "Walking Phone Workers," in *Foundations of Mobile Media
   Studies: Essential Texts on the Formation of a Field*
   - Nichole Starosielski, *The Undersea Network*
   - Andrew Blum, *Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet*
   - Tung-Hui Hu, *A Prehistory of the Cloud*
   - Ted Kane and Rick Miller, "Cell Structure: Mobile Phones," in *The
   Infrastructural City: Networked Ecologies in Los Angeles. *Ed. Kazys
   Varnelis

Also, in case it's of interest, I've taught a graduate course titled
"Material Culture and Internet Studies," and my syllabus can be found here:
https://amst629i.wordpress.com/
Best,
Jason

--
Jason Farman, Ph.D.
Director, Design Cultures & Creativity Program