No subject

Wed Nov 22 14:11:53 PST 2017

would
include attention to the complexities of cultural values and
communicative
preferences as these are first embedded in the design of CMC
technologies,
and then as these work to shape the diffusion of and responses to these
technologies in diverse cultures - i.e., the general focus of the
biennial
conferences on "Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication.
"
CATaC'04 (he said in a shameless bit of self-advertising) will take
place in
Karlstad, Sweden, this year, June 27-July 1 - please see
http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/catac/index.html for conference
description,
etc.
In all seriousness, I would imagine that at least some of the
publications
to emerge from the CATaC series would be of interest.

G'luck - and please keep us posted!

cheers,
Charles Ess
Distinguished Research Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.
Springfield, MO  65802  USA
voice: 417-873-7230
fax: 417-873-7435
homepage: <www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html>

Co-chair, CATaC '04: <it.murdoch.edu.au/catac>

----- Original Message -----=20