[Air-L] [AIR] Methodology for research on hashtag and collective action?

Yang, Guobin guobin.yang at asc.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 9 06:51:26 PST 2017

I’d recommend the following article:

Clark, R. (2016). “Hope in a hashtag”: The discursive activism of #WhyIStayed. Feminist Media Studies, 16(5): 788-804.

Best,
Guobin Yang

On 11/9/17, 7:16 AM, "Air-L on behalf of Emmanuel Dabo" <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org on behalf of emmanuel at emmanueldabo.com> wrote:

    Hello everyone,
    I am leading a research entitled 'Hashtags and collective action in Côte
    d'Ivoire'. Côte d'Ivoire is a western African countries where a lot of young
    people are very active on social media. The purpose of the study is to
    understand:
     * how people create some hashtags?
     * how they appropriate them?
     * what could the appropriation of any hashtags influence media and policy
       agenda?

    According to you, what methodology or literature could be useful for me in this
    research?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Kind regards
    Emmanuel DABOChargé de communication - Rédacteur web - Blogueur+225 78 13 97 27
    www.emmanueldabo.com
    Le blog d'Emmanuel DABO
    Skype : emmanuel.dabo1Sur Instagram et Twitter: @EmmanuelDAB
    Sent with Mixmax