[Air-L] Unique research/practice MA program

Eric Gordon eric_gordon at emerson.edu
Thu Nov 9 12:52:06 PST 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Engagement Lab at Emerson College is now accepting applications
for the third
cohort in our Master of Arts degree program Civic Media, Art & Practice
(CMAP) for fall 2018.

We’re seeking interdisciplinary minded students and recent graduates who
are scholars, entrepreneurs, socially engaged artists, civic leaders, and
creative technologists to apply. We would love your help reaching anyone
who is looking to refine their skills and position themselves more strongly
in the field of civic media.

The core experience and outcomes of the 12-month CMAP program are centered
around thesis projects. These creative works highlight the relationship of
media, art, and practice and explore a wide range of approaches to the art
& design of civic media, including participatory digital campaigns, mobile
apps, public art installations, interactive curriculums, and virtual
platforms. These projects bring to life the theories and practices that
CMAP students explore in coursework throughout the year.

At the Engagement Lab, we practice engaged research -- research with direct
application to people’s lives and livelihoods. As such, CMAP students
produce their scaled projects in partnerships with external organizations
that we help to cultivate and support. Past students have worked with
organizations ranging from the Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics to
UNDP Egypt to the Boston Public Library, and many more.

You can learn more about CMAP here: https://elab.emerson.edu/cmap, and more
about the work we do at the Engagement Lab at Emerson College here:
https://elab.emerson.edu/about.

The deadline for priority decision is March 1st, 2018. All applications
will be accepted on a rolling basis until July 16th. Applications can be
found at: http://www.emerson.edu/academics/civic-media-art-practice-ma

If you know someone who would be interested in CMAP, please share this
email, or ask them to reach out to paul_mihailidis at emerson.edu for more
information or to schedule a meeting.

Thanks!,
Eric