[Air-L] internet infrastructures?

Zoetanya Sujon zoe.sujon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 22:44:29 PST 2017

Good morning AoIR,

I am looking for up-to-date resources for understanding the infrastructure
of the internet, including the role of mobile and telephone networks in
that infrastructure.

As a starting point, I've looked at Janet Abbate's 'Inventing the Internet'
(2000) and Kurose and Ross's 'Computer Networking' (2013). I tend to focus
on the social/cultural aspects of the web, so this is a little outside my
own area of focus, and I fear I may be missing some basics.

Any recommendations gratefully received!

____________________________
Dr Zoetanya Sujon

Senior Lecturer in Media Theory

Secondment in Academic and Educational Development
School of Creative and Liberal Arts

Regent's University London, Regent's Park, Inner Circle, London NW1 4NS
020 3075 6180 | sujonz at regents.ac.uk
<https://mail.regents.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=V91qkBM7U02Ve7tJXV85VcAHD1pxP9QIi1a0pohmb22R3CzV9vo2Nyk4_X_ebhT8ByRUA51o37s.&URL=mailto%3asujonz%40regents.ac.uk>
<https://mail.regents.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=V91qkBM7U02Ve7tJXV85VcAHD1pxP9QIi1a0pohmb22R3CzV9vo2Nyk4_X_ebhT8ByRUA51o37s.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fsujonz.wordpress.com%2f>
https://sujonz.wordpress.com/
--
'You are marvellous. The Gods wait to delight in you.' ('The Laughing
Heart' by Charles Bukowski).