[Air-L] Southern Illinois University grad programs in Mass Communication and Media Arts

Aaron S. Veenstra aaron at etchouse.com
Thu Nov 2 08:45:05 PDT 2017

Southern Illinois University
College of Mass Communication and Media Arts
PHD • MFA • MA • MS

Friends and colleagues,

The College of Mass Communication and Media Arts at Southern Illinois
University is seeking promising scholars, artists, and media professionals
to apply for our range of graduate programs. We offer programs in media
theory and research, media arts practice, and professional media
management. Our program offers broad opportunities for funding, as well as
for research/creative collaboration with faculty and professional practice.

Our programs are interdisciplinary in nature, crossing all boundaries
within the broader field of media, and with close connections to the SIU
Department of Communication Studies and School of Art & Design. Faculty
areas of research focus include:

   - Critical and cultural studies
   - Digital media and information
   - Political communication
   - Media effects
   - Film studies
   - Political economy
   - Media ethics and law
   - Race and gender in the media
   - International and intercultural communication

Our MFA in interdisciplinary media arts and production-focused MS give
students the opportunity to work with faculty in both established and
emerging media:

   - Documentary
   - Narrative film and performance
   - Sound production
   - Animation
   - Photography
   - VR/AR

The application deadline for fall 2018 enrollment in all degrees is January
15 (MS applications for spring 2018 are still being accepted). For more
detailed information, please consult our website at http://mcma.siu.edu/
academics/graduate/ or contact us via email at mcmagrad at siu.edu. Thanks in
advance for sharing this with your students!

--
Aaron S. Veenstra
Southern Illinois University Carbondale