[Air-L] Technology Management Program seeks PhD applicants

Yosem Companys companys at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:19:39 PST 2017

From: Steve Barley <sbarley at tmp.ucsb.edu>

The Technology Management Program (TMP) at the University of California,
Santa Barbara is looking for highly qualified prospective doctoral students
who have an interest in technology and work, technology’s implications for
society, innovation, and the management of engineers and scientists.  We
are open to students with a range of backgrounds including all of the
social sciences, engineering, the physical sciences, and management.  TMP
is methodologically and substantively eclectic.  We are interested in
students who wish to pursue ethnography, survey research, big data analysis
and experimental research.  UCSB has few disciplinary boundaries, so
students can construct their program in ways that suit their interests and
abilities. Our aim is to produce a cadre of scholars who can address thorny
problems concerning the impact of technology on work and society, the
management of technical and scientific personnel, and the sociological and
psychological dynamics of innovation.

 Our current faculty includes Stephen R. Barley, Ted Frech, Gary Hansen,
Paul Leonardi, Kyle Lewis, Renee Rottner, David Siebold, and Bob York (
https://tmp.ucsb.edu/faculty).  We are in the process of hiring two new
faculty members to augment our bench.

 Students whose interests trend in the directions outlined above and who
wish to pursue a doctorate in these areas can find information about TMP’s
doctoral program at: https://tmp.ucsb.edu/academic-programs/phd-program.  A
broader view of our department can be found at https://tmp.ucsb.edu/.

 We are very interested in assembling a diverse cohort of doctoral students
and especially seek applications from women and underrepresented minorities.

 Prospective students can address questions to: phd-tmp at tmp.ucsb.edu.

 Our first deadline for applications is December 31, 2017.  After that we
will consider applications on a rolling admissions schedule until April 1,
2018.

--
Stephen R. Barley
Christian A. Felipe Professor of Technology Management
93106-5129805-893-2212 <(805)%20893-2212>sbarley at tmp.ucsb.edu