[Air-L] internet infrastructures?

Corinne Cath corinnecath at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:37:56 PST 2017

Dear Zoetanya,

Depending on what you mean by infrastructure, I would definitly look at the
following works:

Brown, I., & Marsden, C. (2013). Regulating Code: good governance and
better regulation in the information age. Boston: MIT Press.

Cath, C., & Floridi, L. (2017). The Design of the Internet’s Architecture
by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and Human Rights. Science and
Engineering Ethics, 23(2), 449–468.

Denardis, L. (2013). The Emerging Field of Internet Governance. The Oxford
Handbook on Internet Studies.
https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199589074.013.0026

Denardis, L. (2014). The global war for Internet governance. New Haven:
Yale University Press.

Galloway, A. (2004). Protocol. Boston: MIT Press.

Milan, S., & Ten Oever, N. (2016). Coding and Encoding rights in internet
infrastructure. Internet Policy Review, 6(1).
https://doi.org/10.14763/2017.1.442

Mueller, M. (2004). Ruling the Root: Internet Governance and the Taming of
Cyberspace. Cambridge MA: MIT Press.

Mueller, M. (2010). Networks and States. Cambridge MA: MIT Press.

Standage, T. (2014). The Victorian Internet: the remarkable story of the
telegraph and the nineteenth century’s on-line pioneers. New York:
Bloomsbury Publishing.

Star, S. L. (1999). The ethnography of infrastructure. American Behavioral
Scientist, 43(3), 377–391.

As well as the most recent work of Paul Dourish and Nicole Starosielski.

Best,