[Air-L] Latour/ANT on social media?

Evelina Liliequist evelina.liliequist at umu.se
Tue Nov 28 23:40:58 PST 2017

Hi,

yes I can understand that, I’m taking a course right now that involves ANT and I was looking for examples were ANT was applied to studying SNS/social media. I my self write about LGBTQ people in the north of Sweden and how they use social media as a way of getting connected. So I think I was mostly curious about how and in which subjects ANT was applied in combo with SNS and social media. So a broad question looking for a broad respons :) But I already got a few good examples, thank you all for that!

Wish you all a good day!
Evelina Liliequist

Postgraduate student Ethnology, Digital humanities
Department of Culture and Media Studies, Umeå University

Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden

Tel: +46 90 7866305
Email: evelina.liliequist at umu.se<mailto:evelina.liliequist at umu.se>

Because the answer would be a huge list cutting across multiple disciplines, could you narrow your question? What are you looking for, more specifically?

Best,

Annette Markham

what studies are out there that use Latours Actor Network-Theory to analyse social media?

Thanks in advance,

Email: evelina.liliequist at umu.se<mailto:evelina.liliequist at umu.se><mailto:evelina.liliequist at umu.se>