[Air-L] CFP: International Conference on Social Media and Society: Copenhagen

Jeffery Joe Hemsley jjhemsle at syr.edu
Tue Oct 17 21:21:50 PDT 2017

INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SOCIETY COPENHAGEN, DENMARK (JULY 18-20, 2018)

2018 #SMSOCIETY CFP: NETWORKED INFLUENCE AND VIRALITY-REVISITED

CFP:
http://socialmediaandsociety.org/2017/2018-smsociety-cfp-networked-influence-and-virality-revisited/

IMPORTANT DATES:

Full & WIP Papers Due: Jan. 29, 2018
Panels, Workshops, & Posters Due: Mar. 19, 2018

Join us on July 18-20, 2018 for the 9th annual
 International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety). The conference is an interdisciplinary gathering of social media researchers, practitioners, and analysts from around the world. The 2018 conference is hosted by the Centre for Business Data
 Analytics at the Copenhagen Business School.

In 2012, in the wake of Occupy and the Arab Spring,
 the #SMSociety community explored networked influence and virality, and saw social media and viral events as a democratizing force. Fast forward five years and we find ourselves in quite a different, some would argue, darker social media landscape where those
 same democratizing forces are now being exploited in ways we could not foresee. With the rapid change on social media platforms and their affordances, the heightened emphasis on mobile and visual communication, the rise of bots, and the increased participation
 of state actors, we believe it is time to revisit the ideas of Networked Influence and Virality
 once more!