[Air-L] We Robot 2018 Call for Papers

Meg Jones ma1318 at georgetown.edu
Fri Oct 6 10:40:07 PDT 2017

Please consider submitting an abstract for this very fun, interdisciplinary
conference on robotics (+AI+algorithms+automation+cyborgs+etc) and law
(+policy+ethics). Also note cash paper prizes!

*We Robot 2018 Call for Papers“Bits and Bones”*

*Submit Proposal* <http://web.stanford.edu/dept/law/forms/WR2018CFP.fb>

We invite submissions for the seventh annual robotics law and policy
conference—We Robot 2018—to be held at Stanford Law School in Palo Alto,
California on April 12-14, 2018. In past years, the conference has been
held at University of Miami School of Law, University of Washington School
of Law, Stanford Law School, and Yale Law School. The conference website is
<http://www.werobot2018.com/>
<http://www.werobot2018.com/>
http://www.werobot2018.com.

We Robot fosters conversations between those who research, design, or
influence the legal and social structures in which robots operate and those
that design, build, and deploy robots. We encourage contributions resulting
from interdisciplinary collaborations, such as those between roboticists,
legal, ethical, economic, social science and policy scholars.

Qualified submissions include scholarly paper abstracts, detailed outlines
of robotics demos, and expressions of interest in being a discussant.
Other creative proposals are welcome. We Robot favors proposals (written
scholarship and relevant demos) that are a collaboration between law/policy
scholars and technologists.  This year we are particularly interested in
submissions exploring the interface between the digital and physical world.

More here:
​
http://www.werobot2018.com

--

Meg Leta Jones, Ph.D., J.D.

Assistant Professor

Communication, Culture & Technology

Georgetown University

MA1318 at Georgetown.edu

MegLeta.com <http://megleta.com/>

Author of *Ctrl + Z: The Right to Be Forgotten
<http://nyupress.org/books/9781479881703/>* (NYU Press, 2016)