[Air-L] Human-Machine Communication Scholars Meet-up at AoIR 2017

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Tue Oct 10 11:54:54 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I am organizing a Human-Machine Communication Scholars Meet-up at AoIR 2017. This is an informal gathering of scholars interested in the study of people's interactions with technology, including robots, AI, algorithms, etc., as well as the individual and societal implications of such interactions.

We will be getting together during the lunch break on Thursday, Oct. 19. If you are interested, please e-mail me off-list, and I will send along further details in the next few days.

If you would like more information about HMC, there will be an HMC panel on Thursday morning, or you can look at last year's ICA preconference program to get a sense of what we are about: https://hmc2017.wordpress.com (We also will have another preconference in 2018. CFP forthcoming).

You also can join our very low-key listserv: https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=HMC-SCHOLARS

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Tartu!

- Andrea

_____

Andrea L. Guzman, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor