[Air-L] ECREA Digital Culture and Communication Section Conference, Brighton UK, 6-7 Nov

Aristea Fotopoulou A.Fotopoulou at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 01:30:13 PDT 2017

Registration is open for Digital Culture Meets Data: Critical approaches
<https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/brightondcc/>.

Keynote speakers:

* Rob Kitchin, Maynooth University, Republic of Ireland
* Helen Thornham, University of Leeds, UK

The full conference programme is available
here<https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/brightondcc/programme/>.

The ECREA DCC Conference ³Digital Culture meets data: Critical approaches²
asks the question: what theoretical and empirical perspectives on data and
the digital can be used to augment and diversify our research and
educational approaches? And how might we challenge data paradigms or aim
to show alternative or complementary ways to address digital culture and
communication?

ECREA Digital Culture and Communication Section
<https://dccecrea.wordpress.com <https://dccecrea.wordpress.com/>>
Conference.
6th­7th November 2017, University of Brighton, UK

To register please click here
<http://shop.brighton.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/arts-humanities/academic
-conferences/ecrea-digital-culture-and-communication-section-conference>.

We look forward to welcoming you in Brighton.

URLs:

https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/brightondcc/

https://dccecrea.wordpress.com/

http://shop.brighton.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/arts-humanities/academic-
conferences/ecrea-digital-culture-and-communication-section-conference

https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/brightondcc/programme/

Best wishes
Aristea

-----------------------------

Dr Aristea Fotopoulou
Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication
Course Leader MA Digital Media, Culture and Society

School of Media
University of Brighton
Watts Building, Lewes Road
Brighton BN2 4GJ

E: A.Fotopoulou at brighton.ac.uk
Follow me on Twitter: @aristeaf
Research blog: www.Loopingthreads.com
Webpage http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/staff/aristea-fotopoulou

New book: "Feminist Activism and Digital Networks: Between empowerment and
vulnerability". Palgrave Macmillan.
Order: http://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9781137504708