[Air-L] Job: Manager, Digital Observatory - QUT Institute for Future Environments, Brisbane

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 23:10:29 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

At Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia, we are currently advertising a three-year job that should be very suitable to someone at the crossover point between scholarly research on the one hand, and methodological and research tools development on the other - in other words, perhaps someone who would define themselves as a data scientist. Please pass this information on to anyone you think may be interested.

The successful candidate with be based in QUT's Institute for Future Environments, and work closely with my colleagues and me in the QUT Digital Media Research Centre.

A brief overview of the position is below, and more details and full application instructions are available at http://bit.ly/qutdomanager. I would also be happy to discuss the position in more detail via email.

Manager, Digital Observatory, Institute for Future Environments

The Manager of the Digital Observatory is responsible for the optimum operations of the Observatory ensuring professional delivery of research services, elevated uptake of research infrastructure capabilities and establishing systems and processes towards efficient and effective delivery of these capabilities.

Vacancy Reference No: 17529

Closing Date: 26 November 2017

Total remuneration range of A$136,589 to A$152,772 pa (HEW10) (inclusive of an annual salary of A$115,419 to A$129,094 pa, 17.5% recreation leave loading and 17% superannuation)

Fixed-term, full-time for three years, Kelvin Grove

Contact:
Sach Jayasinghe
Director, Research Infrastructure
(07) 3138 0399