[Air-L] Psychological implications of AI

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Fri Oct 6 09:17:54 PDT 2017

Hi Salvatore (and all)!

Providing some more information regarding your question or area of interest may be helpful to direct you toward the best resources:

1) What type of AI are you studying? There is no universally agreed upon conceptualization of AI. As a result, there are many different types of AI. There is the pursuit of "artificial general intelligence," which is what is often represented, or should I say misrepresented, in science fiction. Then there are applications that have spun out of these efforts or are developed for very specific contexts called "narrow AI."  We have "narrow AI" and have made advances toward AGI, but do not have AGI or what was originally conceptualized as AI early within the field's foundation. Or, are you studying the "idea of AI."

2) It seems like you may be interested in how individuals respond to and behave toward specific AI, is this correct? Or are you talking at an organizational level, a societal level?

If you can answer these questions, I know many people on this list can provide you more specific direction. And if you aren't sure of the answers to these questions, I have resources for that too.

Best of luck,

Andrea

_____

Andrea L. Guzman, Ph.D.