[Air-L] Definitions for Social Media Sites

C.H. chainsawtiney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:53:11 PDT 2017

Dear Becky,

I would like to add one more definition of social media from the sea
of all definitions. I usually call it the "OII definition".

"Internet-based platform that allows the creation and exchange of
user-generated content, usually using either mobile or web-based
technologies” (Margetts, John, Hale, & Yasseri, 2015, p. 5).

Margetts, H., John, P., Hale, S., & Yasseri, T. (2015). Political
Turbulence: How Social Media Shape Collective Action. Princeton
University Press.

Regards,
Chung-hong Chan