[Air-L] dark web recruitment

Alex Lambert alex.lambert at monash.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:39:39 PDT 2017

Dear AOIR colleagues

I am interested in researching the marginalised or elicit intimacies that form on the Dark Web. I want to begin with some small scale pilot research to orient the focus of the study, using a small group of interview participants. However, as a new-initiate of the Dark Web I am at a total loss as to how to recruit people. I was considering performing online interviews via known affiliate forums such as 8-Chan. However I am concerned that this will just solicit trolling.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Your help would be much appreciated.

All the best
Alex

Dr Alex Lambert
Lecturer, Department of Communication and Media Studies
Monash University
School of Media, Film and Journalism
E: alex.lambert at monash.edu <mailto:alex.lambert at monash.edu>
P: 0421871933