[Air-L] call for reviewers

Lauri Goldkind goldkind at fordham.edu
Mon Oct 23 11:24:07 PDT 2017

Friends:

We have entered a new chapter here at the Journal of Technology Human
Services, my co-editor, Dr. Chitat Chan of Hong Kong PolyTechnic are
pleased to announce that we have fully taken over from the very able Dr.
Dale Fitch and Dr.  Bruce Vieweg.  You can read more about our plans for
the journal here.
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15228835.2017.1356996>

We are now actively recruiting peer reviewers to add to our roster of
consulting editors. Kindly let me know if you are interested in reviewing.

*Please email me your name and a few comments about your subject interests*
and up to 8 keywords/tags.  I don’t anticipate that we would call on you
more than once or twice per year.

As I’m sure you know, peer reviews are double-blinded: reviewers are not
told whose work they are reviewing, and authors are not told who has
reviewed their work.  Good reviews run to several pages of detailed
constructive criticism and encouragement.

Why review?

(1) Although it is something of a thankless task, some say that peer review
is a basic obligation of academic life.  Thus, without peer reviewers, we
have no peer review.  Without high-quality criticism, we cannot publish the
highest quality work.  Peer reviewers are the backbone of our system.

(2) You get to really dig your teeth into new, cutting-edge work and
interact with it and its authors in a way far beyond simply reading an
article.  It’s fun AND educational!

(3) You get to be really helpful to your colleagues, which is especially
valuable to people who are up-and-coming in the field.

(4) You get to be openly critical of research details.  The bloodier the
better.  How often do you get to say what you really think?

(5) Service to your field might be part of your employer’s expectations, so
peer review for JTHS looks good on your cv. You can call yourself a
consulting editor, and editorial consultant or a peer reviewer, whichever
makes you happiest.

(6) We really appreciate it.

Please let me know if you have questions about any of the above.

Warm regards,

Lauri.
Lauri Goldkind, PhD ~ Visiting Research Fellow ~ UN University Computers +
Society
Editor in Chief, Journal of Technology in Human Services
Associate Professor, Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham
http://www.laurigoldkind.net/

The future is always beginning now. Strand, M. 1934 - 2014