[Air-L] postdoc in digital media methods U. of Sydney; closing date 1 Oct 2017
gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au
Tue Sep 5 18:00:57 PDT 2017
[Dear AoIR colleagues, we are hiring for a 2-year postdoc position in digital media methods – at this link <http://sydney.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.processJobSearch&jobid=B30340E1-D0F3-406D-B55D-A7E0010169C0&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=949319bc-8898-4f11-ac4b-9db401358504&jobsListKey=e7a096d2-d165-43a0-8d00-330d43dd7746&persistVariables=CurATC,CurBID,jobsListKey&lid=47187750008> or see below! Cheers Gerard Goggin]
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Digital Media Methods
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, School of Literature, Art and Media, Department of Media and Communications, University of Sydney
About the opportunity
As a leading media and communications department with a global profile, quality and breadth of research, and strong reputation for social impact and engagement, the Department of Media and Communications (MECO) wishes to appoint an outstanding postdoctoral researcher for a two-year fixed-term contract in the area of digital media methods, and broader area of digital humanities and social sciences.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Digital Media Methods who possesses:
* expertise in media and communications, and associated disciplines, with a particular focus on digital technology and emergent media and communication
* expertise in digital humanities and social sciences, especially digital media methods
* capability to code in relevant languages (such as R and Python).
You will help build the interdisciplinary field of digital technology, media, and culture research, and in particular the field of media and communication research at the University, and with interdisciplinary collaborators. You will;
* undertake high quality research on social, cultural, political, or other relevant area of digital technologies, utilising digital methods and digital HASS approaches
* undertake a specific digital methods-based research project in the area of everyday social media, digital rights and governance (as directed by supervisor)
* publish such work in leading outlets
* research, evaluate, and provide guidance to colleagues on developments in digital media methods and digital humanities and social sciences
* liaise with key researchers and capabilities at University of Sydney in data science and associated areas, especially in the Centre for Translational Data.
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Professor Gerard Goggin - gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au<mailto:gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au>
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Michelle Carlon or Cherie Goodwin on +61 2 8627 0646 or at sydneyrecruitment.mkconsultant at sydney.edu.au<mailto:sydneyrecruitment.mkconsultant at sydney.edu.au>
Please refer to the candidate information pack for further details: Candidate Information Pack<http://sydney.nga.net.au/publicfiles/sydney/jobs/B30340E1-D0F3-406D-B55D-A7E0010169C0/Research%20Fellow%20in%20Digital%20Media%20Methods-%20Candidate%20Brochure.pdf>
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 1 October 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
ARC Future Fellow
Professor of Media and Communications
Department of Media and Communications
University of Sydney
e: gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au<mailto:gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au>
p: +61 2 9114 1218
m: +61 428 66 88 24
More information about the Air-L