[Air-L] Definitions for Social Media Sites

John Sullivan johnsullivan at muhlenberg.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:55:04 PDT 2017

Becky,

Another great resource for defining social media is Fuchs, C. (2017). Social
media: a critical introduction, 2nd edition
<http://fuchs.uti.at/books/2nd-edition-social-media-a-critical-introduction/>.
London: Sage. If you look at pages 37-39 of the book, you'll find that
Fuchs has identified a whole host of different definitions of social media,
all with citations to take you to where those sources are located. Better
still, the particular chapter to which I'm referring is one of the sample
chapters offered free for download directly from his website:
http://fuchs.uti.at/wp-content/Chapter2.pdf.

Hope you find this helpful,
John

John L. Sullivan
Professor, Dept. of Media & Communication
Muhlenberg College, 2400 Chew Street
Allentown, PA 18104 USA
484/664-3481 (phone); 484/664-3993 (fax)
http://j0hnsullivan.com; @jsullivan47 <https://twitter.com/jsullivan47>