[Air-L] Your incoming online group user survey questions?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Wed Sep 27 14:07:48 PDT 2017

Here is my draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vG4m-rF8dh6y3HjuUV9Vu5FLofKOZ3j4a5h
5g9AWf7w/edit

Comments (on the doc) over the next 18 hours will be very useful as I
refine this for putting up on SurveyMonkey.

In terms of distribution, the call to answer the survey will go to the
10,000 email addresses we have in the Twin Cities (we don't know if people
work in downtown Saint Paul), be posted on lots of neighborhood Facebook
groups surrounding downtown on Facebook, ask downtown groups to put in
their e-newsletters, and then I'll start promoting to owners of Facebook
Pages around downtown Saint Paul one by one (while also inviting them to a
meet and greet each other social media lunch), and I'll experiment a bit
with targeted Facebook Ads, but our budget is limited.

As new members join organically via Facebook I will also ask them to answer
the survey (and over time a shortened version).

For context, this is a three month pilot project based on a small donor
advised fund grant from the Knight Foundation's new local Saint Paul rep. I
may only get 100 responses, but that base will include the 10 key
volunteers I need to successfully launch and sustain a unique "daytime"
crowd Facebook Group in a downtown. I hope in a year that we will be able
to do a post-survey as well.

Steve