[Air-L] Software/Platform/Architecture studies methodologies?

Robert W Gehl lists at robertwgehl.org
Wed Sep 13 14:21:02 PDT 2017

Hello, Tracey --

I've been working on "critical reverse engineering" as a method for the
study of software and platforms. I am still writing it out as a method,
but I do have this paper

http://fou.ubiquitypress.com/articles/abstract/10.16995/lefou.26/

which connects CRE to Foucaultian genealogy.

In addition, Amanda Friz and I focus on "sign up interfaces" in
Pinterest in this paper:

http://mcs.sagepub.com/content/38/5/686

I think our approach was similar to Light and Burgess's App walkthrough.

I lay out the overall idea of CRE in other works, but not so much the
method per se.

I hope these help -- in fact, please let me know if they do!

Regards,

Rob